Work Authorization I-765 Attorney Alexandria VA 

Work Authorization I-765 Attorney Alexandria VA

What is a work authorization I-765? Without citizenship or a green card, it is illegal to work in the United States unless you have permission from the US Government. Permission comes from the United States Citizenship and Immigration services in the form of an Approved I-765. To apply for an I-765, there are specific status’s and qualifications that are as follows:

  • If you are a K-1 Visa holder – you can apply for work authorization as soon as you get married and your 1-130 is filed.
  • If you are an Asylee – You can apply for work authorization 90 days after filing your asylum application.
  • If you have a pending I-130 and are present in the US – You can apply along with your I-130. (Note: Work authorizations filed with I-130 packets have been taking longer to receive approval under this administration. Do not rely on receiving it within six months.)
  • If you have received TPS or DED relief from Deportation – You are eligible after receiving a favorable decision against deportation.
  • If you are a student – You are eligible if you establish economic hardship or the work relates to what you are studying (OPT).

If you do not fit with any of these status’ and qualifications, or you do fit and have been denied, in Virginia please find an immigration lawyer who can help you if you live near Fairfax, Loudoun, and Arlington and Prince William counties.

Contact Us

Contact Shawn Mughal in Alexandria, VA for all your immigration needs.