With an Entrepreneur visa immigration presents new opportunities and risks. As an entrepreneur, you know that the business industry is all about taking risks. By coming across this article you have taken the first step into learning how to apply for your entrepreneur visa so you can lower some of your risks and continue finding new opportunities by having your business here in the United States.
What is the purpose of the Form I-526, Petition by Alien Entrepreneur?
The Form I-526 Petition by Alien Entrepreneur is used by an entrepreneur to petition and to file for entrepreneur visa themselves for a status so they can enter the United States.
Where to get Form I-526 Petition by Alien Entrepreneur
You can obtain the form and instructions at USCIS website https://www.uscis.gov/i-526 where you can view, print and download the forms to fill out. USCIS can also have the forms mailed to you by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 for the deaf or hard of hearing.
An Immigration attorney located in Northern Virginia residing near Annandale, Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William Counties can help you file Form I-526, Petition by Alien Entrepreneur for an Entrepreneur visa in order to ensure all the proper paperwork is filed in the correct manner and to handle any denials or any further course of action if any were to occur.
Eligibility for I-526 Petition by Alien Entrepreneur for Entrepreneur visa?
You are able to file this petition for yourself for an entrepreneur visa as long as you have invested or are currently in the process of investing the required investment amount into a New Commercial Enterprise.
- In which you will engage in a managerial capacity through day-to-day managerial control or policy formulation;
- Which will benefit the U.S. economy; and
- Which will create full-time employment in the United States for at least 10 U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, or other immigrants lawfully authorized to be employed in the United States, other than yourself, your spouse, or your sons or daughters.
An NCE may be established by:
- The formation of a business after November 29, 1990;
- The purchase of a business formed on or before November 29, 1990, and simultaneous or subsequent restructuring or reorganization resulting in an NCE; or
- The expansion of a business formed on or before November 29, 1990, through an investment of the amount required so that a substantial change (at least 40 percent increase) in either the net worth or number of employees results.
What is needed to file Form I-526, Petition by Alien Entrepreneur Visa?
- A filing fee of $3,675 (as of November 11, 2017) Check or Money Order accepted. You must pay the exact amount otherwise your application will be denied.
- Provide Information about your investment and your income
- Valid passport/travel document
- Provide documents about the New Commercial Enterprise (NCE)
Where to file Form I-526, Petition by Alien Entrepreneur for an Entrepreneur visa?
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
P.O. Box 660168
Dallas, TX 75266
For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
2501 S. State Highway 121 Business
Lewisville, TX 75067
How to properly fill out Form I-526, Petition by Alien Entrepreneur
You can download the form and type in the correct information or print out the form and write down the correct information clearly in black ink on Form I-526, Petition by Alien Entrepreneur.
Do not leave any questions unanswered, if the questions are not applicable to you or the answer is “none” then write down “none” or “N/A.”
If you need more space you may use the final page of the application or an extra sheet of paper. You must write the following information at the top of each page:
- Alien Registration Number or A-Number (if any);
b.Your First and last name and;
c.The page number, the part number and the item number you are adding additional information for.
- You must properly complete and sign Form I-526, Petition by Alien Entrepreneur. You must also date and sign the sheet along with submitting an original signed copy to USCIS and not a photocopy. Your application will be denied if it does not have an original signed signature.
You may wish to discuss and consult an immigration attorney in Springfield VA for your case. This ensures that you submit all the required fees, forms, and evidence at one time to USCIS for your Form I-526 Application for Certificate of Citizenship. An immigration lawyer located in Springfield VA is minutes from Alexandria, Woodbridge VA, Arlington, Annandale, and the DC Metropolitan area to help with Form I-526, Petition by Alien Entrepreneur.